Freebie drawing of the new updated KEP's FE-4S V2 P-Open 4-cell LiPo Brushless in-runner Outrigger Electric Hydroplane.
- No more toe-in on the turn-fin!
- Updated V2 turn-fin mounting!
- Updated V2 sponsons to accommodate the new turn-fin mount!
- New V2 turn-fin!
There is also an slightly smaller freebie version available for the P-Limited class they run in the US (with Aquacraft 3650-2030KV motors). That boat is called KEP's FE-4SL - click HERE for info and download of that. But if you just want to build one of these I recommend building this one as it also works with the smaller P-Limited Aquacraft motor.
Note, if you plan to go fast - let's say above 100-110 km/h - then you need LOT's of water cooling to stay below 90°C on the ESC. Use at least 4 mm tubes in the tub and matching large silicone tubes. Make an efficient and short cooling loop so the water will flow as much, and easy, as possible. It might be needed also to add a second water pick-up to cool the motor separately.
If you want some inspiration for building your own KEP's FE-4S rigger - Click Here (lot's of build pictures)
- Made for 36x65-74 mm and 40x65-74 mm motors
- Tub Length: 689 mm (27.126")
- Total Length, from transom to sponson tips: 754 mm (29.69")
- Tub Width: 84 mm (3.31")
- Tub Height: 51 mm (2")
- After Plane: 537 mm (21.14")
- Sponson Length: 442 mm (17.4")
- Sponson Width: 23 mm (.09")
- Sponson Ride-Pad Width: 30 mm (1.18")
- Sponson AoA: 3.9°
- Ski Width: 30 mm (1.18")
- Ski AoA: 1.4°