Presenting the new KEP's T3-45 Freebie!
Compared to our "T2" prototypes the freebie fortyfive is updated to "T3" specs, which means:
- Flat sided sponsons - much easier to make (then the elliptical ones we used on the prototypes).
- Longer sponson ride-pads. Improves rough race water handling.
- Lower AoA of the sponson ride pads. Improved handling in heat-racing conditions.
- Improved side profile of the sponsons. Creates less lift and less water drag (from the spray behind the ride pads).
- Longer after-plane. It makes it a tiny bit better in rough sea (other improved items makes more of a difference though).
- Wider ski with improved AoA. Better in rough water and it's easier to maintain the overall boat AoA everywhere on the course.
- After plane length: 650 mm (26.6")
- Overall length from transom to the tip of the sponsons: 890 mm (35")
- Outside-Outside sponson spacing: 560 mm (22")
- Tub length: 785 mm (30.9")
- Tub inside width: 76 mm (2.99")
- Tub outside width (with 6 mm thick sides): 88 mm (3.46")
- Tub height: 55 mm (2.16")
- Sponson width: 36 mm (1.42")
- Sponson ride pads (removable): 2 x 40 x 190 mm (.079" x 1.57" x 7.48")
- Ride pads AoA: Left: 3.4° / Right: 3.7°
- Ski width: 40 mm (1.57")
- Ski AoA: 1.5°
- Futaba 4PV radio
- 2x Futaba S3172SV mini servos for channel 2 & 3
- Futaba BLS571SV low profile steering servo
- Vapex 1600 mAh 2S LiFe receiver battery
- 8 x 10 mm pultruded carbon sponson tubes (550 mm long)
- 10 x 12 mm aluminum tubes for the tub and sponsons
- 2 mm carbon rod for securing the sponson tubes (much better then any other securing system we've tried by far).
Fuel Cell Manufacturers:
- Walter Barney - Stainless tanks with brass tubes - firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Steltzer - Stainless tanks & stainless tubes - email@example.com
- Ian’s Boats - Welded Plastic tanks with brass nipples - www.iansboats.co.uk
Note, this is about the "last" planned giweaway freebie rigger design I have planned to do. At least for quite some time. So: Build it. Race it. Enjoy :)
KEP's T3-45 Main Drawing - The Freebie drawings paper size: 980 x 594 mm. Make sure that it's printed 1:1 scale / 100% size. Click HERE for download (works best on a stationary normal PC/Mac).
KEP's T3-45 Templates Drawing - The Freebie drawings paper size: A1 = 841 x 594 mm. Make sure that it's printed 1:1 scale / 100% size. Click HERE for download (works best on a stationary normal PC/Mac).
If anyone want to CNC or Lazer cut it - HERE you can download a zip file with dxf/dwg profiles.
This is a size comparisson with the KEP's T3-45 (top) and the T3-21 on the bottom.