NOTE! I'm currently in the process of updating the T3-45 so there will be an updated version later this fall or early winter 2017. (it's mainly the turn fin and the turn fin mount that is improved)
Presenting the new KEP's T3-45 Freebie!
Compared to our "T2" prototypes the freebie fortyfive is updated to "T3" specs, which means:
- Flat sided sponsons - much easier to make (then the elliptical ones we used on the prototypes).
- Longer sponson ride-pads. Improves rough race water handling.
- Lower AoA of the sponson ride pads. Improved handling in heat-racing conditions.
- Improved side profile of the sponsons. Creates less lift and less water drag (from the spray behind the ride pads).
- Longer after-plane. It makes it a tiny bit better in rough sea (other improved items makes more of a difference though).
- Wider ski with improved AoA. Better in rough water and it's easier to maintain the overall boat AoA everywhere on the course.
- After plane length: 650 mm (26.6")
- Overall length from transom to the tip of the sponsons: 890 mm (35")
- Outside-Outside sponson spacing: 560 mm (22")
- Tub length: 785 mm (30.9")
- Tub inside width: 76 mm (2.99")
- Tub outside width (with 6 mm thick sides): 88 mm (3.46")
- Tub height: 55 mm (2.16")
- Sponson width: 36 mm (1.42")
- Sponson ride pads (removable): 2 x 40 x 190 mm (.079" x 1.57" x 7.48")
- Ride pads AoA: Left: 3.4° / Right: 3.7°
- Ski width: 40 mm (1.57")
- Ski AoA: 1.5°
- Futaba 4PV radio
- 2x Futaba S3172SV mini servos for channel 2 & 3
- Futaba BLS571SV low profile steering servo
- Vapex 1600 mAh 2S LiFe receiver battery
- 8 x 10 mm pultruded carbon sponson tubes (550 mm long)
- 10 x 12 mm aluminum tubes for the tub and sponsons
- 2 mm carbon rod for securing the sponson tubes (much better then any other securing system we've tried by far).
Fuel Cell Manufacturers:
- Walter Barney - Stainless tanks with brass tubes - firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Steltzer - Stainless tanks & stainless tubes - email@example.com
- Ian’s Boats - Welded Plastic tanks with brass nipples - www.iansboats.co.uk
KEP's T3-45 Main Drawing - The Freebie drawings paper size: 980 x 594 mm. Make sure that it's printed 1:1 scale / 100% size. Click HERE for download (works best on a stationary normal PC/Mac).
KEP's T3-45 Templates Drawing - The Freebie drawings paper size: A1 = 841 x 594 mm. Make sure that it's printed 1:1 scale / 100% size. Click HERE for download (works best on a stationary normal PC/Mac).
If anyone want to CNC or Lazer cut it - HERE you can download a zip file with dxf/dwg profiles.
This is a size comparisson with the KEP's T3-45 (top) and the T3-21 on the bottom.