We also raced the fifth nats of the 2010 season in Oxelösund this past weekend in beautiful weather with smooth waters all day long. Nicers.
Personally I had just before this race built myself the new Aquacraft Top Speed 3 boat (its my orange #5 TS3 boat in the pictures) and tested it on location for the first time and it was (if I may say so myself) quite amazing right out of the box! For our type of racing on the short 3-leg course (with tight 90 + deg turns) it seems to be way better then the VS1 boat and almost, if not equal, to the all mighty HTB290. But that is on smooth water - we havent tested the TS3 in rough waters yet. This will be interesting for sure!
I ended up TQ with it as I won all my first four heats and for the last heat I added some lead weight to the front and tried to drive it differently and push it as hard as I could. Me and Mattias had an really, really cool duel all heat long until I rolled it to the right base buoy when trying for the inside lane... :)
In the final I was a little cautious in the start and was second or third on the first lap with Mattias leading. There was a couple of dead boats around the course so it meant I couldnt really push myself to the front and it was not like Mattias was slow in the lead either. LOL. I ended up over driving it at the tightest top buoy and it DNF:ed.
HERE you can find my webbalbum from the race.
Nillas pics HERE.
Outboard Tunnel stock class:
1. Mattias Bengtsson - HTB290/OS21XM (300/25/0/400/400=1125p)
2. André Westerberg - VS1/OS21XM (400/25/300/25/25=750p)
3. Thorbjörn Carlsson - Bandit (0/225/169/25/25=444p)
4. Nicklas Ericksson - TS2 (25/169/169/169/300=807p)
5. Niklas Edlund - TS3/OS21XM (400/400/400/400/25=1200p=TQ)
6. Bo Sandström - VS1/K&B (300/400/25/300/25=1025p)
7. Viktor Nordström-Käll - Bandit (300/127/0/225/25=677p)
8. Thomas Ljungström - HTB260/OS21XM (225/225/225/25/25=700p)
9. Mikael Sundgren - VS1/K&B (0/0/300/300/25=625p)
10. Christer Sjögren - VS1/OS21XM (169/399/0/25/25=519p)
11. Stefan Adolfsson - HTB290/OS21XM (0/25/400/25/25=475p)
12. Anders Enblom - HTB290/OS21XM (0/0/225/25/25=275p)
Top 3 at the race and three different boats!
Some racing action at the bottom right buoy.
Yes, it was FAST. :)