The weather forecast was far from promising and it was quite a lot of wind (around 6-7 m/s). But it was not extremely bad water - just bad... But for sure it was far from being perfect!
(I forgot the camera battery on charge at home this weekend so all shots where made with my iPhone.)
TecnoPower race report.
Sometimes the sun came out but it was never "warm".
Stefan raced his new BlackBird G2 for the first time. This is on Friday practice. It looked really good on the water - even in the rough. Chris has done a good job developing it! :)
Mr. Sunken (Micke) testing one of his KEP's T2 .21 riggers on Friday. It looked good but he didnt dare to race it as his first boat on Saturday. Its a TecnoPower M03 engine in it that feels very promising.
Micke's stack of riggers.
My Aquacraft TS3 stock tunnel. It was quite fast and it handled the rough water really good - equally good as the best HTB290 I think.
Micke and my boats being loaded in the van before traveling south to Oxelösund.
Top 3 in H7.5:
1. Ellert Ohlzon
2. Anders Martinelle
3. Torbjörn Carlsson
I finished 4:th in H7.5 with my KEP's T2 .21 boat but with a TP .23 engine in it! It was a handful in the very rough water (it only weights 1.6 kg!).
Top 3 in H15:
1. Anders Martinelle
2. Micke Pertulla
3. Niklas Ericksson
Top 2 in H3.5:
1. Niklas Edlund / KEP's T2 .21 / TecnoPower M03 / Futaba 4PK
2. Ulf Olsson / Zip Kits JAE 21 G2 / CMB VAC
3. Torbjörn Carlsson (not in the picture - sorry)
Well its not a beauty shot but its me. ;)
Top 3 in OTA Tunnel:
1. Mats Angseryd / Aquacraft TS3 / OS / Futaba 4PK
2. Niklas Edlund / Aquacraft TS3 / OS / Futaba 4PK
3. Mr Sunken / Aquacraft VS1 / K&B / Futaba 3PM
The first race ever with the new TecnoPower M03-21 inboard engine and it won! Feels good... :)
My stack of .21 riggers. Want to build your own outrigger stands? Here is info on my rigger stack-on stands.
Some of the stuff used by me:
- KEP's T2 .21 (prototype) - Weight: 1650 g RTR (no fuel)
- TecnoPower M03-21 inboard engine with V1 turbo combustion chamber (shimmed at 0.3 mm deck height) & TecnoPower C6 glowplug
- Zoom .21 carb by Charles perdue
- Special 180 deg exhaust manifolder (wider arc vs a NR header)
- AB parabolic pipe
- 60 % nitro and 14% Klotz Super Tecnhiplate
- Mark Sholund ABC H6 3.46 prop
- BB Hardware strut, rudder & engine mount
- Futaba S9551 steering servo & S3150 servos on CH2 & 3.
- Vapex 1000 mAh LiFe receiver battery
Post a Comment